PD question: Shaking or Stiffness?

You may have heard, "everyone's Parkinson's is different" a few times by now. In my case I don't typically have shaking. When my meds wear off, I get slow and stiff--at times it is to the point that I cannot get upright if I am laying down or out of a chair.

I usually need to hook my foot under the couch or seat and pull myself up.   It can be painful and led to some awkward situations when I really need to visit the toilet and can hardly move.
 
I try to remember it will be okay once the meds kick in.  If I'm in a store, most cashiers give me time or even offer to help me manage. I bring this up because the cashier's attitude yesterday. He saw I was obviously struggling, and kept saying 'three dollar' over and over. I started to get anxious but quickly turned his obnoxious three dollar ballad into a game (while I continue struggling to get my wallet).   ?How much is it on Mars?",  "Can I pay for just a bite?", etc. 

One trick that works for me sometimes is flick my fingers or shake my wrists for a bit of relief.
Do you have tremors, rigidity or both?
Tremors (shaking)
Rigidity (stiffness)
Both tremors and rigidity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment