Meds Adjusted and actually feeling a bit better, for now

A few meds changed or added seem to be helping me. 

Never follow my medical scribblings, consult your doctor before changing or stopping any medications.

Changed first dosage of the day of carbidopa/levodopa (C/L), here's what I'm doing... instead of one and a half pills at 9am, I ramp up with 1/2 a pill at 8:45am and half at 9:15. My analogy of taking 1 1/2 pills at once is a tsunami pulls the tide out (stiffness and freezing) then the wave hits me (a brief on time) before receding back into the sea (wearing off).  Splitting the dose is more subtle of a wake up for my brain-like the tides.

Yes my meds are still wearing off and I still get dose failures but somehow they seem a little less intense.

Last night I met up with one of my friends from Miami for dinner, then to go hear music! Dose failure and I'm sure it was totally due to taking C/L during my protein filled meal (hard to time this right). So nobody got to see my signature bad dancing at the show–but my next dosage worked and after the show, besides feeling exhausted, I felt good! Keeping my fingers X'ed. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment