Have you told friends and family or accepted help with expenses?

I'm not very comfortable discussing Parkinson's with close friends and family. Many friends don't ask.They talk to each other, word gets out that I have "something wrong". Friends I do tell? They drift away and say to each other they think I had a stroke, or something. 

Online is a little strange, many people don't want to deal with real life events or friends crisis--so I don't post on my own FB page about real struggles. Maybe I should but I don't.

As for gofund, etc. Once in a while I post a link to 'relaxsteve'. Imagine if everyone could afford to give $50 to every friend's gofundme. I only setup the gofundme page with the hopes a billionaire might drop me a hundred thousand or two.  But I never campaigned for donors or asked friends/family for help day-to-day struggles. When I first made the gofundme page I wrote "$500,000 minimum" that will filter my close friends and family out and hopefully get $ from a wealthy kind soul. Not yet, but I have hope :)    to be continued, check back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment