Help me change a light bulb?

So I could blame a lot of things for the nearly impossible task of changing a light bulb, but I'm pretty sure it's 75% shitty product design and 25% user fault, meaning my diminishing fine motor skills related to Parkinson's.

About 5 years ago a light bulb burnt out in the hallway. No big deal I thought. I dragged out the ladder and stared at the cheap made in China fixture.  No way could this be as complicated as I'm making it. Yes, it was that complicated.  I posted a photo of the fixture with a plea for help to a few message boards. Someone who went through the demoralizing hell I'm going through replied.  Sent me a PDF with step-by-step directions how to change a light bulb in this fixture. Over the years I've experienced other poor product designs from computers to television remotes to poor user design on software. 

Oh sorry, I was drifting. Changing a light bulb. Yes that is what I'm doing today. The meds kicked in so I'm changing burnt out bulbs. Two bulbs broken and $18 down the drain. A few hours pass, off time, next dosage of meds. I've tried every method posted on YouTube an the bulb won't twist into the socket.

I had five new bulbs, broke two. Not able to get bulbs to stay in the cheap track lighting fixtures.  The reason I mentioned the bad product design is for my own sanity.  Knowing what passes as acceptable quality products, I'm fairly confident the sockets in the track lighting are cheap not designed to last a "simple" light bulb change. I refuse to blame my inability to change a bulb on PD. $40 on light bulbs and kitchen is dark. At least I didn't fall off the ladder and bust my ass.  Time to find a handyman and pay him some large amount to change 5 bulbs. 

PD sucks but things could be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment