PD Quick Tip - Freezing

If you get "stuck" walking, brushing teeth, in the shower scrubbing shampoo, etc. Try looking at the task from another angle. 

Walking around in apartment. Sometimes I'm heading into a room and can't make the left turn to go in. Back up and try doing the task in reverse.  I turn right three times and I'm facing left.

When I'm having trouble with my arms and hands and it's difficult to move the toothbrush, it seems to be the toothpaste jamming me up. When I try it without toothpaste and rinse with mouthwash it works.  I don't know if a dentist would be on board with this method.

When I'm walking outside I focus on the sidewalk and try to follow the lines so I'm not swerving all over. 

Occasionally I'll think of something I do that seems counter intuitive or just strange but it works for me and my PD and maybe it can help another struggling person too.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment